What Is a DIY Website and Why Should I Avoid Them?
In the ever-changing digital space, DIY websites represent a glimmer of hope for small business owners and freelancers who want to cut costs and create their own online website and store. But are DIY site builders too good to be true?
What Is a DIY Website?
You might have seen WordPress, Shopify, and Squarespace marketing themselves as the best do it yourself website design sites. Prospective customers have two options when they choose these online platforms. They can create an online presence themselves, or put their faith in a digital marketing website agency.
The best do it yourself website design sites come with clear options and an easy-to-navigate user interface. With how-to guides and online tutorials available at the touch of a keyboard, even novice website designers can create a simple, minimalistic site that conveys their core message.
Problems arise when business owners expect to create large, complicated websites without the help of a website development agency. Before you jump straight into the world of DIY websites, here are some important things to consider.
Why Choose a Website Agency?
- Long-lasting support - There is only so much that you can do with a DIY website. If you try to keep up with all of the updates, search engine optimisation, and UX efforts yourself, you will not have enough time to run your business. Working with a dedicated agency means that you can focus on growing your customer base and perfecting your product.
- Comprehensive packages - We advise SMEs to work with a comprehensive website agency like ours. When you work with us, an SEO specialist, an expert Copywriter, and a quick and efficient Graphic Designer are only ever a phone call away.
- Technical know-how - When you choose a website agency, you can forget about all the complicated background tasks that keep your site live. Even if creating your site is a doddle, there are always updates to think about. Some sites require you to migrate data to maintain your site. One slip up can take your site offline and stop your revenue streams.
- Tried and tested SEO efforts - If you have dipped your toe into the world of online marketing, you will know how important SEO is. But what exactly is SEO? Well-researched search engine optimisation practices can put your website on the first page of Google, whereas poor practices can see your organic traffic plummet. There is a lot more to SEO than writing a few keywords. Website development agencies can help you navigate the complex world of off-page SEO and ensure things like link building, meta information, and image alt tags are optimised to their full potential.
- Quick solutions - When a problem arises, it pays to speak to the experts. One of our clients spent weeks and weeks trying to fix her broken Wix site. Our experts identified and fixed the problem within a few hours. We later learned that our client paid Wix £500 for their site. Although we charge more for a comprehensive, full-scale website, we are always available for ongoing support.
Sprint Online - The Big Picture Website Agency
At Sprint Online, we look at the bigger picture. Developing a successful website is about more than just the initial design. We work with everyone from freelancers to SMEs to create long-lasting success in the digital sphere.
Contact our team to take the first step towards a bigger picture approach to your online presence.